New Zealand Local Government Funding Agency (“LGFA”) was enabled under the Local Government Borrowing Act 2011 and was incorporated on 1 December 2011. LGFA is owned by thirty Councils and the Crown and is a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) operating under the Local Government Act 2002.
A position with LGFA gives you a distinct opportunity to work with market-leading financial institutions, local government sector, government agencies and with our highly skilled staff. This newly created, three-month fixed term Intern opportunity will see you working with and gaining valuable experience from the largest public issuer of NZD debt securities after the New Zealand Government and the sixth largest financial lender in New Zealand.
The role will give you exposure to and experience in:
- Design and set up of a database of Council financial data based on Annual reports
- Capturing and updating Council Long Term Plan (LTP) financials into the database including revenue, capex, opex, assets and liabilities
- Spreadsheet management
- Assisting with day to day operations including management of borrowing, investments, investor relations and credit analysis
- You have a finance, economics, accounting background and have completed or nearly completed a bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including exposure to databases
- Complete tasks with accuracy and have attention to detail
- A self-starter
What is on offer:
- Fixed term employment from early November 2020 to mid-February 2021
- Full time Intern-level position with flexible hours over the three-month period
- Auckland location
- Opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organisation while at the same time learning about financial and debt capital markets and credit analysis.
- Competitive remuneration
A Job Description is available at www.lgfa.co.nz/about-lgfa/careers
Please apply by emailing a CV and Cover Letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role to the following email address email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Monday 26th October 2020.